William M. Bailey, M.D.
Raised in West Linn, OR, attending West Linn High School (1975), Linfield College (BA, 1979), OHSU (MD, 1983) and Kern Medical Center in Bakersfield, CA for a Family Practice Residency (1983-86).
Dr. Bailey has lived in the Newberg area with his wife, raising their 2 children, since beginning practice just out of Residency in 1986. In his spare time, he enjoys fishing, hunting, camping, and is active with the local Boy Scout Troop and Venture Crew.
Wanting to give back to the community that has supported him, Dr. Bailey is active in the Newberg Earlybird Rotary, the Newberg Boat Club, and is the Supervising Physician for the Newberg Fire Department Ambulance and Fire-Rescue Squad.
- Undergraduate Education:Linfield College, McMinnville, OR: 1979 - 4 year undergraduate program, culminating in a full major in Biology and a Dual Major in Chemistry and Psychology.
- Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR: 1983 MD Degree.
- Residency: Kern Medical Center, Bakersfield, CA: 1986 - 3 year integrated Family Practice Internship and Residency
- American Academy of Family Physicians (Oregon Chapter): 1980 - I have been involved with the Academy of Family Physicians since I was in Medical School, using it as both a source of Continuing Medical Education, and a political voice to strongly speak out on patient care issues to both the State and Federal Government.
- Oregon Medical Association: 1986